Saturday, July 20, 2013

Swirling

My mind is nearly numb from this process of starting over. I once owned SO much "stuff" for teaching grades 1-5.  Nearly every payday for 10 years I headed to the teacher store to shop for goodies. I owned my own class sets of novels, manipulatives of all shapes and sizes, bulletin board/decor supplies, etc. I was stocked! After 5 years home with my kids and unsure if I'd get back in the classroom, I gave a bunch away. The materials I kept remain in storage in the last state I lived in when our plans for a moving van fell through (no one to drive!) at the last minute and now I am overwhelmed with the blankness of being a new teacher again- not new with no experience but new with no supplies.

Technology is also so much more pervasive than it was so there are so many wonderful blogs and websites FULL of ideas and materials. I don't even know where to begin most days. *sigh*

I started with the most basic of teacher needs, though, and bought myself an awesome lesson planner by Erin Condren and I am so excited to start filling it in. I have really missed teaching and the more tidbits my new principal gives me about my class, the more excited I become. One thing I did find out was that my class of 27 third graders are coming from two second grade classes.  She's requested another third grade teacher but doesn't anticipate it'll be filled in time. So that means my kids are becoming a class twice the size that they are used to.  I

No comments:

Post a Comment